Notes from the Parish Council October Meeting
Mr John Covill chaired the meeting with 5 members and 3 members of the public.
CCC Report: Councillor Fitch reported to the meeting.
ECDC Report: Councillor Alderson reported to the meeting.
Parish Council Vacancies: Two vacancies still remain.
Matters Arising - for information only
- Parish Forum: Andrew Camps reported on this.
- Cambridgeshire ACRE - renewal of membership: £25 subscription was agreed.
- Recreation Ground - use by Burwell Tigers F.C: Steve Kent-Phillips reported that plans were progressing well. Full scheme plans and details are in hand and it is hoped these will be available by Christmas for consideration and approval.
- Land at Lower End: A letter was received from Drift Road Ltd., the owners of the land, asking what the village would be willing and able to offer for this land. After discussion, it was agreed to reply confirming that the village was not in a position to purchase the field.
Correspondence Received: This was reported to the meeting.
- 67 High Street - this application has been submitted for mediation.
Accounts for Payment: These were agreed.
Any Other Business:
- A Community Services Team has carried out tidying up work in the Cemetery.
- It is hoped that the lantern over the Church steps will soon be installed and work completed as part of the Enhancement Scheme.
- The new barrier on Coopers Lane has been ordered and will be installed shortly.
- Hereward Housing Maintenance Supervisor had contacted the Clerk confirming that the wall at The Beeches is to be repaired early in the New Year.
- The bench seat installed in the wrong position at the play area is to be repositioned by ECDC in the New Year.
Open Question Time:
It was reported that dumped rubbish, including some asbestos, has still not been removed from the footpath running from Coopers Green to Cage Hill. The Clerk will again contact ECDC to have this removed.
It was suggested that the barrier on Coopers Lane should take the form of a gate rather than just a barrier.
The next Parish Council meeting will take place on Thursday, 13th January 2005 at 7.30pm in the Village Hall.